Why would your business want to protect its Name?
In many ways the answer is obvious, but a surprising number of businesses do not take any steps to protect themselves. A successful trademark is synonymous with the products sold under it providing a guarantee as to their origin and quality and customers expectation.
It is commercially sensible to register your trade mark to:
- prove that you own the brand
- prevent damage to your business
- prevent loss of business to other companies adopting a similar trademark
- prevent poor quality goods or services being provided by competitors, which customers may believe come from you
- enable cost effective action to be taken against predatory third parties
- have all your assets properly protected when seeking investment or sale
← A Welcome Ruling on Online Trading Calling all Trademark Owners – Check Up required →